The Job Jacket is the central point for all activities. Create your own job jacket templates that allow you to open and track projects based on the type of work being done. Store multiple versions and revisions and access all project-related information from a single location. The Job Jacket Project Management Dashboard (PMD) makes navigation easy. Access anything from the PMD with a single click. Including:
- Job Status
- Alerts & Assignments
- Documents & Creative Assets
- Reviews (Digital Assets Proofing)
- Creative Briefs
- Work Orders, Change Orders, and your own custom forms
- Cost Estimates & Vendor Quote Requests
- Project Schedules & Timelines
- Purchase Orders
- Quote vs. Actual Analysis
- Media Orders
Schedules & Timeline
- Project Schedules are flexible and fit into “your” workflow processes; the work area is completely user-defined.
- Create schedule details automatically using preset templates, from the approved estimate, or by copying from similar projects.
- Schedules can be setup in phases or using parent-child relationships.
- Calculate due dates based on task or job dependencies throughout the life of the project and make automatic updates based on completion status.
- Check the Calendar for staff availability first then use ‘quick select’ tools to easily make assignments.
- Assign staff members to projects by team or role automatically with complete visibility into individual availability.
- Workload indicators provide warnings on over or under-utilized employees as they are assigned.
- The Employee Finder takes resource management to the next level by intelligently recommending assignments based on role, availability, existing workload and seniority.
- Route off-schedule assignments automatically to the appropriate team members using Alert Assignments and workflow paths you define.
- Communicate with team members on task, assignments, and project status using automated Alerts.
- Review and collaborate at the Project and Task levels and record a history of events that occur.
- Quickly edit schedules and task details for multiple projects at once using the Multi View and Calendar applications.
- Employees can update their own task and assignment status with approval by the project manager. Alerts keep everyone informed.
- You’ll find familiar reports and Gantt charts that are created in seconds to replace anything you may be doing manually.
Schedule Updates & Risk Analysis
As projects are completed, Advantage facilitates speedy project updates with automatic and group edits using the Project Schedule Multi View.
- Re-calculate schedule dates, assign employees, mark tasks complete, and even change assignments for multiple projects at once.
- Project status is updated automatically based on the current task.
- Print and send reports in various formats to staff members.
- Update multiple, related jobs that depend on each other using Job Predecessors.
- A single click converts your project list to the Calendar, Gantt, Timeline, and Availability views where you can further analyze and edit details.
Analyze risks and find out where projects are ‘before’ they go over budget using the Risk Analysis Summary, Burn Rate Charts and Graphs. This comprehensive Risk Analysis chart does all the work for you.
Gantt charts display schedules in a simple, interactive view.
- Includes month, week and day views.
- Option to display project phases.
- Drag and drop to adjust the schedule timeline.
- Recalculate one or all related projects automatically!
The Calendar is totally interactive and can be integrated with your Google or Outlook calendars, both ways! The Calendar allows for easy editing of the schedule and assignments using the drag and drop feature. Various views, like the Timeline View, allow you to manage projects and see who is working on what, when.
- Drag and drop to edit the timeline.
- Right-click to edit the task, change the assignment, recalculate the schedule, or access details.
- View the Calendar for a single employee, a selected department or team, by role, or even by client or job.
Calendar – Workload and Availability
How many jobs are in the pipeline, and do we have enough staff to complete pending tasks? The Workload view gives you an overview of every project in progress and a status report on hours available.
- Who is available now, and what are our staffing needs going forward? The Availability chart displays department/team or individual availability for up to a year. Determine who is over-booked, under-booked, or just right. Drill down to view details by employee and make adjustments on-the-fly.
Whether you’re estimating projects for budgeting purposes or to obtain vendor quote requests, Advantage automates the entire process providing tools to help you estimate project costs quickly and accurately.
- Create estimates automatically from specifications, project schedules, pre-set templates, and extensive copy features.
- Use project history to aid in creating the most accurate estimates possible based on the type of work being done and average costs realized.
- Use vendor quote requests to initiate and track the process of obtaining prices from multiple suppliers – and select the best ones for the project.
- Select preferred vendors and drill down to their related vendor pricing sheets.
- Create and track multiple quotes and revisions. View quotes side-by-side for a quick comparison.
- Calculate cost per unit and cost per thousand on direct mail projects.
Ensure that the work done by outside sources is completed according to your specifications and on budget using Purchase Orders. At the same time, create a financial place-holder on the job so that you don’t lose track of costs.
- Create purchase orders automatically from the approved estimate or using advanced copy features.
- Alerts notify the user when a purchase order does not meet the specified requirements.
- Purchase Order Approval rules may be set by user or department to control large purchases.
- View purchase order status and actual charges directly from the purchase order window.
- Create and automatically email purchase orders to your vendors using your own printing preferences.
- Purchase orders are shown on reports and in query screens throughout the system providing you with the complete picture of committed expenses on every project.
Using online tools such as Project Viewpoint, Project Multiview, the Gantt Chart, the Calendar with Workload Charts, and the Risk Analysis dashboard, you’ll find the need to create printed reports is minimized. However, you have access to everything you need to generate helpful project management reports using standard options or our flexible dynamic and advanced report writers!
Standard reports are available for Events, Jobs, Project Schedules, Tasks and Time Analysis. Each of the standard report applications includes a variety of options and settings that allow for the creation of many different reports.
Report Writer Dataset categories for creating your own simple and advanced reports (related to project management) include Alerts, Clients, Time, Job Detail Analysis, Project Schedule and Tasks, and Project Hours. You can even create your own dashboards with any report!