Effective Date: [03/15/21]
- What Types of Information Do We Collect?
- How Do We Use Information?
- How Do We Share Information?
- What Are Cookies and Why Do We Use Them?
- What Do You Need to Know About Digital Advertising & Analytics?
- What Do You Need to Know About Third-Party Links and Tools?
- How Can You Opt-Out of Receiving Our Promotional Communications?
- What Safeguards Do We Put in Place to Help Protect Information?
- How Do You Contact Us?
What Types of Information Do We Collect?
The information we gather falls into two categories: (1) information that you voluntarily provide to us, and (2) information relating to your interactions with us and the Site. In some cases, an agent or vendor of ours collects the information on our behalf.
You may voluntarily provide information to us through the Site, including your name, log-in information, contact information, employment information, and any other information you choose to provide. We collect this information when you subscribe to our newsletter, request a demo through our website, comment on our blog posts, or interact with us for any other purpose.
How Do We Use Information?
We may use the information we collect for any lawful purpose, such as:
- To respond to your inquiries, including to provide a demo of our services;
- To provide, operate, and improve our services, including to provide better services, products, and opportunities to our customers and visitors to our Site;
- To operate, personalize, and improve the Site, including for analytics purposes;
- To send surveys, promotions, and marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
- To comply with the law and to maintain the security of our Site; or
- With your consent, or as otherwise disclosed at the time information is collected.
How Do We Share Information?
We may share the information we collect with other parties, including:
- Our Affiliated Companies. We may share the information that we collect through the Site with any company that is directly or indirectly owned, controlled or operated by, or jointly with, Advantage. This may include enabling our affiliates to communicate with you about products and services that may interest you. Our affiliates, including our parent company Simpli.fi, may have their own privacy policies that govern how they handle information about you.
- Vendor and Service Providers. We have today, and will in the future have, arrangements with third-party vendors, such as email service providers and hosting companies, that assist us with the operation of the Site or the services we offer through the Site or process information on our behalf. Occasionally, we will hire a third party to act on our behalf for projects such as market-research surveys and contest-entry or sweepstakes-entry processing. We do not authorize our vendors to retain, use or disclose any information that identifies you personally, for any purpose unrelated to the services that they provide for us or our users.
- With Your Consent. We may share information with your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing. For example, our Site may offer optional services or features, such as promotions, associated with unaffiliated third-party companies. If you choose to use these optional services or features, we may provide information to such third parties. We will not do so without telling you in advance, and you can avoid having us make such disclosures by choosing not to use these services or features of the Site.
- As Part of a Corporate Transaction. As our business grows, we may buy or sell various assets. In the event that Advantage, or all or part of our assets relating to this Site, is acquired by another company, information about our visitors would be among the transferred assets. We may also share information as part of a bankruptcy proceeding.
What Site features allow you to disclose information?
In addition, the Site may offer interactive features, such as comment sections, that you can use to communicate with other Site visitors or to submit and post your own content. If you disclose personal information in one of these forums, this information can be viewed, collected, and used by others.
How is aggregated or de-identified information shared?
Much of the information we collect is aggregated or de-identified information, such as the traffic generated by visits on various pages within our Site, and the habits and preferences of our audience. We may use aggregated or de-identified information and disclose it to third parties as we see fit.
What Are Cookies and Why Do We Use Them?
What are Cookies?
To help make our Site more responsive to the needs of our visitors, we use a standard feature of browser software, called a “cookie,” to assign each browser a unique, random numerical identification code that resides on their computer.
What benefits do I receive from cookies?
Your browser may offer tools for you to reject some or all cookies; however, if you use these tools, the Site may not function correctly and you may be unable to use some features of the Site.
What Do You Need to Know About Digital Advertising & Analytics?
From time to time, we may partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on behalf of us and others across non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on the information Advertising Providers collect about your use of the Site and other sites or apps across time, including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising.
We may also work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. Advantage uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Site and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Site, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
What Do You Need to Know About Third-Party Links and Tools?
Our Site also includes integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with these features on the Site, those companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public. Your interactions with third-party companies and your use of their features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies associated with any accounts you create and use.
What Safeguards Do We Put in Place to Help Protect Information?
Advantage maintains safeguards designed to help protect the security, integrity, and privacy of the information that you make available to us. However, no security system is impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of the information we collect or otherwise process. Nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
How Can You Opt-Out of Receiving Our Promotional Communications?
You may opt-out from receiving promotional e-mail communications from us by using the link provided at the bottom of each marketing message. If you opt out of our promotional emails, we will still send messages related to your transactions or relationship with us.
If you have registered to receive text message communications from us, you may opt-out of such communications by sending your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending postal mail to:
Attn: Opt-Out Request
119 Backstretch Lane
Mooresville, NC 28117
How Do You Contact Us?