Desktop, Kanban & Scrum Boards
The Desktop displays information to manage activities across projects and to include non-project tasks seamlessly. It includes everything you need to manage your day.
You don’t have to be a scrum master to take advantage of our new boards that facilitate agile project management. Boards are a visual Kanban-style tool used to manage the flow of work. Boards ‘flatten out’ the backlog of projects, tasks, and assignments, making it easy to drag and drop them into place. At the same time, assign hours to staff by week with real-time workload feedback.
Use boards to create sprints and break tasks and assignments into do-able chunks. Set priority, select staff members and allocate hours into smaller, weekly buckets that give you a more precise view of workload.
Design your own boards, control the workflow and become more efficient and productive overnight.
The Job Jacket centralizes project-specific activities. Create your own job jacket templates that allow you to open and track projects based on the type of work being done. Store multiple versions and revisions and access all project-related information from a single location. The Job Jacket Project Management Dashboard (PMD) makes navigation easy. Access anything from the PMD with a single click. Including:
- Job Status
- Alerts & Assignments
- Documents & Creative Assets
- Reviews (Digital Assets Proofing)
- Creative Briefs
- Work Orders, Change Orders & your own custom forms
- Cost Estimates & Vendor Quote Requests
- Project Schedules & Timelines
- Purchase Orders
- Quote vs. Actual Analysis
- Job Forecast
- Media Orders
Schedules & Timeline
Project Schedules are flexible and fit into “your” workflow processes; the work area is completely user-defined. By using project schedules, you can:
- Create schedule details automatically using preset templates, from the approved estimate or by copying from similar projects
- Set up schedules in phases or using parent-child relationships
- Calculate due dates based on task or job dependencies throughout the life of the project and make automatic updates based on completion status
- Check the Calendar for staff availability first then use ‘quick select’ tools to easily make assignments
- Assign staff members to projects by team or role automatically with complete visibility into individual availability
- Set up warnings from workload indicators on over- and under-utilized employees as they are assigned
- Use the Employee Finder that will take resource management to the next level based on role, availability, existing workload and seniority
- Route off-schedule assignments automatically to the appropriate team members using Assignments and workflow paths you define
- Communicate with team members on task, assignments, and project status using automated Alerts
- Review and collaborate at the Project and Task levels and record a history of events that occur
- Quickly edit schedules and task details for multiple projects at once using the Multi View and Calendar applications
- Have employees update their own task and assignment status with approval by the project manager with alerts keeping everyone informed
- Find familiar reports and Gantt charts that are created in seconds to replace anything you may be doing manually
Schedule Updates & Risk Analysis
As projects are completed, Advantage facilitates speedy project updates with automatic and group edits using the Project Schedule Multi View.
- You can re-calculate schedule dates, assign employees, mark tasks complete and even change assignments for multiple projects at once.
- Project status is updated automatically based on the current task.
- Print and send reports in various formats to staff members.
- Update multiple, related jobs that depend on each other using Job Predecessors.
- A single click converts your project list to the Calendar, Gantt, Timeline and Availability views where you can further analyze and edit details.
Analyze risks and find out where projects are ‘before’ they go over budget using the Risk Analysis Summary, Burn Rate Charts and Graphs. This comprehensive Risk Analysis chart does all the work for you.
Gantt charts display schedules in a simple, interactive view:
- Includes month, week and day views.
- Option to display project phases.
- Drag and drop to adjust the schedule timeline.
- Recalculate one or all related projects automatically.
The Calendar is totally interactive and can be integrated with your Google or Outlook calendars, both ways. The Calendar allows for easy editing of the schedule and assignments using the drag and drop feature. Various views, like the Timeline View, allow you to manage projects and see who is working on what and when.
- Drag and drop to edit the timeline.
- Right-click to edit the task, change the assignment, recalculate the schedule or access details.
- View the Calendar for a single employee, a selected department or team, by role, or even by client or job.
Calendar – Workload and Availability
How many jobs are in the pipeline, and do we have enough staff to complete pending tasks? The Workload view gives you an overview of every project in progress and a status report on hours available.
Who is available now, and what are our staffing needs going forward? The Availability chart displays department/team or individual availability for up to a year. Determine who is over-booked, under-booked, or just right. Drill down to view details by employee and make adjustments on-the-fly.
Whether you’re estimating projects for budgeting purposes or to obtain vendor quote requests, Advantage automates the entire process providing tools to help you estimate project costs quickly and accurately. Our estimate development tools allow you to:
- Create estimates automatically from specifications, project schedules, pre-set templates and extensive copy features
- Use project history to aid in creating the most accurate estimates possible based on the type of work being done and average costs realized
- Use vendor quote requests to initiate and track the process of obtaining prices from multiple suppliers allowing you to select the best ones for the project
- Select preferred vendors and drill down to their related vendor pricing sheets
- Create and track multiple quotes and revisions, and view quotes side-by-side for a quick comparison
- Calculate cost per unit and cost per thousand on direct mail projects
Ensure that the work done by outside sources is completed according to your specifications and on budget using Purchase Orders. At the same time, create a financial place-holder on the job so that you don’t lose track of costs.
- You can create purchase orders automatically from the approved estimate or using advanced copy features.
- Alerts notify the user when a purchase order does not meet the specified requirements.
- Users or department set Purchase Order Approval rules to control large purchases.
- View purchase order status and actual charges directly from the purchase order window.
- Create and automatically email purchase orders to your vendors using your own printing preferences.
- Purchase orders are shown on reports and in query screens throughout the system providing you with the complete picture of committed expenses on every project.
Forecasting revenue is automatic when using project schedules but can also be done using our Job Forecast module. Using project schedules, forecasts are generated using hours assigned by employee and task and the associated billing rate.
The Job Forecast is a versatile tool that allows for a separate forecast by period and includes multiple features. Track multiple revisions, allocate the budget, actualize and roll forward balances, keep forecasts by AE, client or any defined grouping, track against the client’s budget, export and report on results.
Easily update the forecast at the project level (below) or in groups (shown above), at the forecast level.
Using online tools such as Project Viewpoint, Project Multiview, the Gantt Chart, the Calendar with Workload Charts and the Risk Analysis dashboard, You only have to create a fraction of the printed reports. However, you have access to everything you need to generate helpful project management reports using standard options or our flexible dynamic and advanced report writers!
Standard reports are available for Jobs, Project Schedules, Tasks and Time Analysis. Each of the standard report applications includes a variety of options and settings that allow for the creation of many different reports.
Report Writer Dataset categories for creating your own simple and advanced reports (related to project management) include Alerts, Clients, Time, Job Detail Analysis, Project Schedule and Tasks and Project Hours. You can even create your own dashboards with any report.